Who can File a ROD?
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In

UMWA Health and Retirement Funds

Who can File a ROD?

The Trustees will review disputes involving employees or pensioners and their surviving spouses, of employers who have contributed to the UMWA-BCOA ROD Trust. To view the list of contributors to the UMWA-BCOA ROD Trust click here. A UMWA-BCOA ROD Trust employer may also file a ROD. The Trustees will also review disputes concerning pensioners and their surviving spouses who are eligible to receive coverage from their last employer under the Coal Industry Retiree Health Benefit Act of 1992 (Coal Act). A Coal Act employer may also file a ROD. In general, a pensioner whose pension effective date is October 1, 1994, or earlier may be covered under the Coal Act.